Monday, October 5, 2015

WEEK #10 - Colorado Springs Fountain Stake

WEEK #10 - 10.5.15

Hola family and friends!! Wasn't General Conference amazing!? I don't think I have a favorite talk, but President Uchtdorf's talk in the Priesthood Session was really good. As suggested in conference, I will now put a scripture on my email each week that I will be pondering. This week's is the one that is on my missionary plaque: D&C 128:22
22 Brethren, shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage, brethren; and on, on to the victory! Let your hearts rejoice, and be exceedingly glad. Let the earth break forth into singing. Let the dead speak forth anthems of eternal praise to the King Immanuel, who hath ordained, before the world was, that which would enable us to redeem them out of their prison; for the prisoners shall go free.
Time to put on the jackets haha

Monday night, we went on exchanges and I went to the Sand Creek apartment to work in that area for Tuesday. Tuesday, I hit my 2 MONTH mark! The days are flying by too fast. I exchanged with Elder Dugger, while the new missionary, Elder Villaneda, went to 3rd Ward with Elder Schilling.
Rainbow on exchanges with Elder Dugger

We went and visited Michael Steen and were literally trapped there for 3 hours listening to him talk about his life as a Methodist missionary in the Congo, his work against mobs and mafias in the Department of Justice, his son's crazy war stories, and about his knife and gun collection (which is pretty dang sweet). I told him that Elder Schilling and I wouldn't be coming anymore because of the transfer, and he have us a copy of a book he wrote as a gift called: The Barnabas Nickel.

Thursday, we drove to Sand Creek to weekly plan and finish up our laundry. Then we went and picked up our investigator Mitch to come with us to teach a lesson to Phyllys King, who is an elderly single lady who recently converted to the church. After the lesson with her, Mitch told us that it was really special for him to go and teach with us. It is extra awesome because he is not even a member yet, but is so solid and strong enough to come with us to teach other people. He is so prepared and so ready to become a member of this church.
Friday, we went to district meeting and afterwards went to lunch at a place called Monica's Taco Shop and had incredible burritos. It has become somewhat of a tradition between Sand Creek and us and we have probably eaten there 4 times in the past week :) It's not too expensive, which is a benefit for our meager budget. Today we went and tried to have another lesson with Richard Hill, who is the old guy with no teeth who nearly made me fall asleep that first week in Colorado. We attempted to teach the Plan of Salvation, and only got the first two principles out of our mouths before we were listening to his random adventures as an Umpire. For dinner, the members that were feeding us made elk stew! It was so good and reminded me of hunting with Dad. That night, we went to the baptism of Payton Munn. She is the 8 year old daughter of the Munn family that we went to the Denver Temple with the week before. It was so great to be there for them, and we were surprised when Sister Munn came up to us and asked us if we would be the witnesses! The spirit was super strong there and Brother Munn couldn't keep his voice from shaking as he stood in the water with his daughter. Payton is such a sweet little girl and has a beautiful life ahead of her.

Weather has been getting colder and more foggy here!

On Saturday and Sunday, we prepped for conference and were at the stake center pretty much all day. I love conference so much and didn't dare fall asleep. I am also pretty sure that Devin Durrant was my EFY session director at BYU one year with Elder Jarom Barnes:) The overall message that I got was to MAKE CHRIST THE CENTER OF YOUR LIVES. When we align with the eyes of God, we can receive the blessings that come from doing so. During Priesthood session, President Uchtdorf's talk was about staying loyal to our faith and securing our testimony in Christ. He didn't say this in his talk, but the thought came to me, "Where is the source of my faith?" There are many different sources in which my faith has grown, but where does it start? I believe it starts with trust. Trusting the Lord is His plan for me and trusting the manifestations of the spirit that confirm the truths of the gospel to me. I hope you all enjoyed General Conference and what a blessing it is to receive counsel for us in this day.
I love you all and wish the very best for you!
Love, Elder LaRose

EMAIL: kyler.larose@myldsmail.net

CURRENT AREA ADDRESS:
NEW ADDRESS
2605 Serendipity Circle E APT #251
Colorado Springs, CO
80917

MISSION OFFICE ADDRESS: 
4090 Center Park Drive Ste 4

Colorado Springs, CO 80916



No comments:

Post a Comment