Monday, November 2, 2015

WEEK #14 - Colorado Springs Fountain Stake


WEEK #14

Hello family and friends, more crazy news this week! (See Sunday)
On Tuesday, we had to take Elder Dugger to a doctors appointment and
so we were stuck there. It was pretty cool thought because the
building we were in was right across the street from the Olympic
Training Center. After that, we all headed to the church to
Specialized Training, which is where our mission president and his
assistants talk to our zone specifically about issues that need to
come up. We learned how to really work with the church leaders and
getting them to help us find more people to teach and people to work
with.
On Wednesday, we helped a family move and that was pretty gross
because they are hoarders and everything was covered in dog hair. We
visited 2 less active members and were able to teach them some lessons
and encourage them to live the gospel to the fullest. That night was
the last coordination meeting and volleyball session that Elder
Schilling would be at!

I bought thermals and boots so I decided to be a thug

On Thursday I reached the 3rd month of my mission! Time is flying too
quickly. In the morning, I went to Train the Trainer where I learned
about how to work with a new missionary. One thing that stuck out to
me was to let the new missionary take the lead in lots of things, even
if he isn't comfortable with it:) I learned a lot and am so excited to
be training! After the meeting, we went to Elder Schilling's doctor
appointment and the doctor was actually impressed with his range of
motion in his pinky finger. The doc cleared him to play sports and is
not having him do stretches periodically. For dinner, we were given
money instead of sitting down and eating with the family, so we
decided to go to Texas Roadhouse and had some delicious rolls and
sirloin steak.
On Friday, we went to district meeting where I taught everyone about
how out missionary purpose affects our work. It was Elder Schilling's
last district meeting as the district leader too. Everyone was a
little hyper and so when It came my turn to teach, I had to reel in
everyone back to the lesson.

Me giving my talk on the conference call

 So our purpose as missionaries is to
invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored
gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance,
baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the
end. Ultimately, our purpose should become the purpose of those we
teach. We should inspire our investigators so that they will have the
desire to share their newfound knowledge with others. Preach My Gospel
says, "Through a modern prophet, god has restores knowledge about the
plan of salvation, which is centered on Christ's Atonement and
fulfilled by living the first principles and ordinances of the
gospel." The beautifully restored truths of the gospel bring us
clarity, understanding, and peace.. So much that it moves us to change
our lifestyle and to share it not only with those we love, but with
those we do not yet know. So after district meeting, we went and
visited Mitch and taught him about baptism and receiving the gift of
the Holy Ghost. It got him excited again and we are going to set a
date with him at our lesson on Monday night.
On Saturday, we didn't have any appointments and so Elder schilling
packed away all of his things to get ready for transfers. That night
we went to the chili cook off and trunk or treat that the ward hosted
and had some delicious chili. Bishop Obenchain made a really spicy
chili and named it The Final Judgement. I tried a bowl full of it and
it did have me sweating. As missionaries, we aren't allowed to dress
up in costumes so I said that my costume was a missionary. It was a
fun night!



Me at Trunk or Treat dresses as a headless missionary

On Sunday Elder Schilling finished up packing and then we had our
studies. Around 7:45 we got a call from the mission president!! He
normally doesn't call on Saturdays and Sundays before transfers unless
you are going into a leadership position. So I thought that Elder
Schilling was getting called to be a Zone Leader until he handed me
the phone! My hands began to shake. President Rehm then asked me if I
would accept the position to become the District Leader replacing
Elder Schilling. I accepted and then President reassured me that I
would do fine. Again, I am humbled to my knees. Then talking with
Elder Schilling about it all, he said that I am the youngest District
Leader under President Rehm and possibly before that! All in one day I
will go from greenie and Junior Companion to Senior Companion,
Trainer, and District Leader!! I don't know how I am going to do it,
but at least I have The Lord to help me. I couldn't think of anything
else for the rest of the day and church just flew by.
I'm looking at a whole slew of additional responsibilities, but The
Lord qualifies those he calls and hopefully I am so qualified.
Love you all and have a great week!

Elder LaRose


EMAILkyler.larose@myldsmail.net

CURRENT AREA ADDRESS:
2605 Serendipity Circle E APT #251
Colorado Springs, CO
80917

MISSION OFFICE ADDRESS: 
4090 Center Park Drive Ste 4
Colorado Springs, CO 80916

No comments:

Post a Comment