Monday, January 11, 2016

WEEK #24 - Castle Rock Zone, NEW ZONE LEADER!

 WEEK #24

This week has been insane. You'll just have to find out why.
On Monday, the church building was closed for cleaning so we just went to the Citadel mall and checked out a couple of stores. It was fun hanging out with the crew again. Our dinner took us to an authentic Mexican restaurant called Pueblo Viejo. Mitch said he wasn't feeling good that night so we didn't go over there.
On Tuesday, we went to the bishop's storehouse and did some service for a couple hours we did stuff like stack food storage and pack it for some orders that were coming in. Afterwards, we had lunch and went to our other appointments. Lots of our appointments cancelled on us and we didn't have a dinner appointment so we came back home and ordered some pizza :) we had an active member lesson that night and were able to have a good lesson on goal setting, focusing on the new year.
On Wednesday, we did our studies and had a good lunch. Afterwards we went to the library and looked up a couple of conference talks and other resources that we could use in our lessons. That night we went to coordination meeting a little early and were roped in by the Boy Scouts to play a game called foot hockey:). A little kid who was about 5 years old was playing and fell on his back. He sat up and was crying so his dad went and picked him up. When he was picked up, he went into a seizure and so we laid him flat on the stage in the gym. It only lasted for a few seconds and the kid seemed fine when he came out of it. We were there to help and I even took part in a blessing of healing for the little man:) it was cool and I hope they find out what happened. That night we had a good volleyball game with the ward and then retired to our apartment.
On Thursday, our day was packed full of studies and we didn't have anything to do from about 3 to 6 so we went and street contacted and tracted. After dinner, we had another lesson with Kitana. She wants to push back her baptism date because of the pregnancy. It's understandable because we could tell that she could be due anytime now. We taught about CPR to her which is Church, Pray, and Read. Those three things will keep us spiritually alive if we attend church, pray every day, and read our scriptures every day. It was pretty neat.
On Friday, we had zone training at a building that was 30 min away from us. So we left in the morning to pick up Elder Stark and Elder Tu'ifua. The zone training was good and we learned a lot from the zone leaders. It was a long meeting and afterwards, we met with Elder Tallman and Elder Davies at subway for lunch. We went home and changed out of our suits and then drove down to fountain for a dinner that one of the members were putting on for the missionaries. We came back at night and cleaned up our apartment. At about 9:45 we got a phone call from President Rehm. My heart started pumping. I answered it and president said that there was going to be an emergency transfer. One elder was going home early and another elder was going to be made an Assistant to the President. He then asked if I would be willing to be a Zone Leader over the Castle Rock and Parker stakes. I was thinking "ARE YOU CRAZY I'VE ONLY BEEN OUT FOR 5 1/2 MONTHS?!" But I trust President Rehm in his decisions and accepted the assignment. I will be serving in the Plum Creek ward in Castle Rock as a Zone Leader. President said to pack my things and be ready to leave on Sunday. THAT WAS IN 2 DAYS! Elder Hawkins was super bummed but excited for me. He will still be covering 3rd ward when I leave. I couldn't sleep at all that night.
On Saturday, we had haircuts scheduled for Paul Mitchell Hair School. They usually take forever so that took up a lot of time but I really like the cut. We then came home and started throwing stuff into suitcases. The Melvin's fed us dinner and were the first members to find out I'm leaving 3rd ward. We continued to pack and clean until bedtime.
On Sunday, we woke up early to go to PEC and Ward Council and that's where I announced the news. Everyone didn't want me to leave but congratulated me on being a Zone Leader. They even announced that I was going in sacrament meeting an thanked me for my service in the ward. We got some last pics with Elder Stark and Elder Tu'ifua before we went home to finish cleaning up the apartment and going over any questions that Elder Hawkins had. I am confident in Elder Hawkins and know that he will take good care of 3rd ward. Then we drove to the mission office and met with our new companions to exchange luggage. I am going to be companions with Elder Mogle now and he seems great. I haven't heard anything bad about him. He is a little awkward and quiet but we will get along just fine:) We drove for about an hour up to castle rock and it is such a cool looking area. 


iconic Castle Rock


Kitchen with Elder Mogle 


All of the houses are huge and cool looking. That night we had dinner with the Wells family. they have 3 small kids who are super fun. Then we went and had another lesson with the Pettingill family. There are a whole lot more youth in Plum Creek than in 3rd ward and I'm excited for that:) I am again so humbled to have this trust placed in me and know that I'm going to need a lot of help. I was told that we are going to be training the zone this Friday and so it's gonna be nonstop work. Love you all! MY NEW ADDRESS IS: 4438 Buena Vista Ct. Castle Rock, CO 80109

Elder LaRose


Kyler.larose@myldsmail.net

CURRENT ADDRESS:
4438 Buena Vista Ct.
Castle Rock, CO 80109


MISSION OFFICE ADDRESS:
4090 Center Park Drive Ste 4
Colorado Springs, CO 80916



No comments:

Post a Comment