Monday, December 28, 2015

WEEK #22 - Colorado Springs, Fountain Stake CHRISTMAS!

Hello family and friends! How was everyone's Christmas? Mine was great:)

On Monday, we went and played basketball and volleyball with the other missionaries at the stake center. It was way fun and Elder Tu'ifua rocked it. That night, we took one of the family history consultants with us to our lesson with Mitch and taught him how to do a little bit of family history. It is really cool to see how much he has grown and how excited he is to go to the temple!
On Tuesday, I went with our Zone Leader, Elder M. Smith, to the 18th ward. We had an incredible day together and were teaching the whole day. We ended up finding 6 new investigators just that day! It was really fun to have that happen. Elder Hawkins and the other Zone Leader, Elder G. Smith, found 2 new investigators for 3rd ward as well! It was a great day for both of us.
On Wednesday, I went on exchanges with Elder Stark in the Sand Creek area. Elder Tu'ifua and Elder Hawkins stayed in 3rd ward. I took my bike over there and said goodbye to the car for the day. Elder Stark and I biked around with Ryan Call, one of the guys going on a mission soon. We went and did some crappy service (literally) where we pick up dog poop around this lady's yard. It was disgusting. Then we went and taught the 3rd lesson to and active couple. We were going to have a lesson with a less active family, but they didn't show up:/. So for a minute, we practiced our wheelies on the street:). We then went and helped a family move furniture out of their house. Our dinner took Elder Stark and I out to Panda Express for dinner. We then got a call from a very confused Elder Hawkins and Tu'ifua. They had turned the wrong way at a road and were lost. They drove about 15 miles out of our area! So all of the miles that we have left for the month are used up now haha. This means lots of walking now:) we ended the night by playing volleyball with 3rd ward.
On Thursday, district meeting was held today because of the holidays. We had the Sister Training Leaders, Sister Marler and Sister Madsen, visit our district meeting for the day. After that, our Christmas Eve dinner picked us up and we helped get ready. Their family tradition was to have make-your-own pizzas for dinner and so we created some good pizzas:).

On Christmas Morning, we woke up and did some studies before we were picked up by Jeff (Gunga) and Bode Wolin to spend Christmas in Woodland Park. We made some fun mad-libs on the way up. Right when I walked in the door, Amy had my family on Skype right there waiting to talk to me. We had a good hello and then ended it to settle in. We had some good lunch with Elder Tallman and Davies and it was great to see them. I then called my family back and opened my presents in front of them. I got an electric blanket, slippers, cologne, a towel, and other sweet stuff. The best gift was to talk to my family though. It was so awesome to see everyone and to get to talk to them and hear their voices again:) It was sad to say goodbye, but awesome to see them.




I also got to meet Elder Hawkins' family, which was neat. We then had some delicious Chicago pizza for dinner and I stuffed myself. We hung out with the Wolins and then took a walk around Woodland Park in the snow. After we got back, we got to watch The Emperor's New Groove with Bode. I had forgotten how funny that movie was and Elder Hawkins and I were cracking up the whole time. Then we made the drive back to our apartment and had a good night.







On Saturday, since we want to keep our car, we walked all day in 20 degree weather with a strong wind chill that dropped the temperature even more. We were Popsicles walking around and at one point, we walked to the nearest member's house and asked if we could get a ride back to our apartment. Then, Elder Hawkins and I walked to a really cool Japanese restaurant where the cook everything in front of you and have fire going everywhere. It was the best Japanese that I've ever had! The place was called Musashi. We returned to our apartment after that and thawed ourselves out. The electric blanket came in handy that night!

On Sunday, we woke up, got ready, and walked to the church for our meetings. Church was really good, but there were a lot of people gone for the holidays, which cut our ward in half. After church, we took the sacrament to Sister King with Brother Ledbetter and then got a ride to go with Mitch to dinner at the Melvin's house. That night, I called everyone in my district and did call-ins to discuss the progress of the work in my district. We had a good night sleep, and a great week to reflect on.
I love you all and hope you have a happy new year this next week! Love,
Elder LaRose



CURRENT ADDRESS:
2605 Serendipity Circle E APT #251
Colorado Springs, CO
80917

MISSION OFFICE ADDRESS:
4090 Center Park Drive Ste 4
Colorado Springs, CO 80916

No comments:

Post a Comment